BT100 Series Beacon Testers (BT100A / BT100S)
The beacon industry is constantly demanding higher quality from 406 beacons and is implementing more thorough periodic testing. A Beacon Tester that can ONLY decode the 406 message is not suitable to meet the increasing demands from industry to ensure the beacons are indeed operating properly. The BT100A will provide you with the thorough beacon measurement capabilities at an affordable price!
The BT100 series is a complete measurement solution, it measures all Cospas-Sarsat frequency channels and decodes all Cospas-Sarsat protocols. This series can measure 406 MHz parameters, 121.5 MHz parameters, and provide a detailed graphic display of the 406 MHz power during the burst. The BT100 series can measure the 406 MHz phase modulation, and the in-band 406 MHz frequency spectrum.
The internal TCXO allows for frequency measurement accuracy of +- 100Hz, or connect an external 10 MHz reference for a very accurate frequency measurement. Let the internal antenna receive the transmitting beacon signal from very close, to a distance greater than 15 meters, or use the direct coax input connection to measure 5W directly from the beacon (no attenuator required!).
The BT100 series automatically saves all measurements in an easy-to-use file system. It creates an html file for printing a Test Report via desktop/network using the PC interface cable, or memory card. The user can add text notes or even audio comments to the measurement.
The entire BT100A/ BT100S Beacon Tester receiver is housed in a CompactFlashTM card!
Upgrade to another model. Purchase an upgrade and we send you an upgrade code – no need to return equipment.
BT100A Beacon Tester:
- Receives all Cospas-Sarsat past, current, and future frequency channels and decodes all Cospas-Sarsat protocols
- Exceeds IMO MSC/Circ. 1039 and IMO MSC/ Circ. 1040 requirements
- External coax connects directly to 5W input (no external attenuator required)
- Direct connection power measurement accuracy to +- 1dB
- Internal antenna receives 406 burst from up to 10 metres
- Graphic display of 406 MHz:
- Phase modulation
- In-band frequency spectrum
- Power during the burst
- Identifies manufacturer and model number from Cospas-Sarsat approval list
- Measures all 121.5 MHz parameters
- User can add text notes or audio notes to measurement
- Has an internal temperature sensor for measurement accuracy
- Standard 2-year calibration cycle
- Stores hundreds of measurements
BT100S Beacon Tester:
The BT100S adds the ability to measure 406 MHz frequency stability in addition to measuring all of the detailed parameters of the BT100A. The BT100S PDA screen will display burst count, average repetition period, frequency, nominal frequency, short term stability, medium term – mean slope, medium term – residual frequency, and user defined test duration.
- Measures frequency stability in accordance to C/S T.007
- User can enter the duration of the Stability Test (up to 30 days)
- Monitor measurement results during the Stability Test
- Creates a delimited text file so you can import all measured data into your favourite application for analysis or graphing
- Delimited text file produces data at each burst. Data includes:
- Date & time of burst
- Burst number
- 15 Hex ID
- Hex ID Checksum
- Full Hex
- 406 power
- S1, S2, S3
- Repetition period
- Nominal frequency
- Short term stability
- Medium term – mean slope
- Medium term – residual
- Delimited text file includes raw frequency measurement data S1, S2, S3 as defined by C/S T.007 (ideal for development and troubleshooting)
- User supplies a stable 10 MHz reference signal
- Excellent accuracy +- 2.5 E-11
Included with your Beacon Tester Purchase:
- BT100 Series Beacon Tester
- Custom Zipper Pouch
- RF Input Interface Cable
- 10 MHz REF Interface Cable
- Operators Manual
- Watertight Storage Box
- AC Adapter
- PC Interface Cable
- PDA Software CD